Tuesday, January 5

What I Learned Today

Can you smell it? Victory will soon be mine! I have two hours of work completed, let the anticipation of salsa begin!

In all truth, I did actually work for two hours after herding the kiddos to bed tonight. I had previously cut the fabric for some baby quilts and started to piece them. It's the old standby Log Cabin block. There are twenty blocks in the quilt and I have completed six now. I have four more that are almost done, so I'm almost a third of the way done. Once I get all the blocks done, I still have to sew them all together to make the top, then quilt and bind it, thus only being a third done instead of half.

Tonight, I learned that I don't like piecing the Log Cabin block. It's annoying to have to sew the little piece to the big piece, then press and cut (perhaps I will try cutting without the pressing). It's a shame that I cut the fabric for two of these before piecing one, because now I'm pretty much stuck making two of them, which I won't really enjoy very much. At least they will be completed and I will never have to make a Log Cabin block again.

If you're working on your own Procrastinated Project, feel free to comment and let us know if you're making headway! We all need encouragement.

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment