Thursday, January 7

Quilts are no match for Dirty Dishes!

To answer Catherine, how did I total up 4 hours yesterday? I worked 30 minutes before picking up The Smallest One from Kindergarten, then another 1:30 while she watched High School Musical (I watched the opening and final songs with her) and then 2 after the Big Kids went up to bed. Way to go me.

Of course, that means I had to do all the things I put off last night today, so not another big day for me. I did decide that laziness was no excuse and fixed the color mistake in the squares. Not surprisingly, it made a huge difference in the appearance of the quilt. I pieced the rows tonight after bedtime and dishes and actually rather like the quilt. Perhaps I should stop talkin' smack about the Log Cabin block.

A thought for Catherine - when you say you're dropping stitches to make the scarf narrower, are you actually binding one off, or are you knitting two together? Binding off will make a hole in your scarf (if it's in the middle) while knitting two together will not. Something I've been thinking about.

The whole Project Project has been made easier by my husband being out of town, which means I can leave the sewing machine out on the dining room table. I'll have to clean up when he comes home and either lug everything out and put it all away every time, or switch to a different project for a bit.

I'm trying to think of something witty to write, but I'm tired, so I give up for the night. One hour for me today. Total = 7.

Margie



2 comments:

  1. Yea for my industrious, smart, and slightly wacky cousins! I have so many sewing projects I would like to do...the problem is (as Margie just noted) having to deal with the placement of the sewing machine...when the kitchen table is the main option. Our house is wreck and I have two classes to plan, but I may reward myself for those accomplishments by finding a sewing spot this very day...Keep up the writing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cousin, here's something you could use to set up a semi-permanent sewing spot wherever you can find one:
    http://www.seweziusa.com/

    ReplyDelete