Friday, January 8

No Longer Topless!

So here's the quilt top. I've since added lovely green strips along the sides and it looks quite nice.

The squares with the blue center, white middle and red outside are the ones I fixed. The white was yellow before. They look much better as white, at least I think so.

Next step is making the delicious quilt sandwich. For baby quilts, I prefer using flannel instead of batting. It's got a little less stiffness than the cotton batting and I feel like it's a little sturdier and easier to wash after babies drool or throw up on it. That's what babies do, so there should be no hesitation in throwing it in the washing machine and dryer. I'm a low-maintenance kind of gal.

I lost some time tonight because I had to clear out the furnace room in the basement. We're getting new furnaces tomorrow and the room had to be clear so they could make their own mess in there. It's really a big closet, with a beer fridge. Plus, Catherine called to vent, so I vented back to her about annoying Gifted and Talented directors from a Houston school that shall go nameless. I feel better now. Of course, she might just have called to prevent me from working, because she didn't work on her project today...

As I write, Annie Lennox's "Little Bird" just came on. I used to really like that song, but now I always think of Demi Moore dancing to it in "Striptease". Bummer.

I've been contemplating how to celebrate Elvis and my Aunt Ann's birthday tomorrow. Something excessive and yet also very controlled would probably be appropriate.

Two hours for me today, 9 total. I'm working on my insurmountable lead!

Margie



1 comment:

  1. Ha ha - I'll get you back this weekend when you are spending time with your cute little people!

    ReplyDelete