Friday, February 26

Chomp on this!

It's hard to believe, but the shark pajamas are complete (pending approval from shark pajama recipient, to be known henceforth as SPR). This picture is of me wearing them, so it's good that they are too long. I'm slightly scared that they aren't even longer, in fact, and I hope I haven't made them too short (since, really, that was the whole point of making them in the first place). There is lots of fabric left to extend them, but still... it would be annoying.

I decided it was high time to finish them in part because Margie swooped in and got ahead of me and in part because I wanted to be the first one to get to 100 hours. But instead I'll just bask in the sisterly glow of knowing we did it... together. Smiles all around. Oh, and I also worked on them because the choir program is slightly stalled while I wait for feedback from someone who strangely doesn't seem to check their email at 10:30 pm. What a weirdo!!

Anyway, with hemming one leg, sewing the top red band together, and hand-stitching some openings for the drawstring (and then threading the string, which is actually some lovely bias tape), I got in 2 hours, so I'm at 101.

Yippee!
Catherine

3 comments:

  1. I have been wondering about the shark pjs. They look great! I like the bias tape as drawstring. Good idea.
    Cool that we both hit 100!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Good thing I already have 18,000 pairs of pajama pants (ok, 7?) or I would keep them for myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pajamas bite.

    Get it?!?
    Har har har har! :)

    I heart your blog.

    ReplyDelete