Monday, January 18

Lazy long weekend not so lazy...

Thanks to being in the states, I got the day off (MLK Jr. day). As an aside, I read somewhere in the last week that some schools in the US are more segregated than they have been since MLK's time. Sigh. 

Anyway, on to happier things... my baby blanket! It is coming along very nicely. I'm worried that it's going to be a cute array of different colors on one half and then I'm going run out of the cute different colors and it will be all the same colors on the other half. I'm also starting to worry that it looks like my kitchen rug. I worked on that for 6.5 hours.

I also have been piling up some clothes that need mending, so I fixed my sock and three shirts. As one of the shirts needed elastic and little sleeves for the elastic and everything, it took longer than expected. Overall, 2 hours. I've still got a shirt, skirt, and quilt to fix, and then a pile of socks with holes in them. Sigh again. Still, I'll take worn socks over racial inequality any day.

41 hours for me. Bwa ha ha ha...

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment