Sunday, January 17

Hare today, goon tomorrow?

With most of my friends out of town (random, or conspiring against me? Fortunately, I think the former), I had a nice lazy day watching football (you may remember, one of my favorite stitching entertainments) and working on this baby blanket. I got in 8 hours, and as a result am about 1/4 of the way done (I have intentions of getting to 4', and it's 11.5 inches now). It's pretty cute, and will indeed be a nice way to use up a lot of this yarn. I seem to be obsessed with stripes after finishing my scarf, but as long as I don't give many presents to the same person, it should be ok. I will still have to figure out what to do with all the pink yarn - maybe someone I know is having a baby girl?

Otherwise, it was a lovely day here - in the 40's, so I got to walk around without a hat and gloves. On a related note, I am super excited about soda with real sugar in it - I was already planning to buy some when I first found out about it, but I actually went out and got some in between the two playoffs. Yum! Corn syrup stinks.

I am partially delighted with how much progress I've made and partially totally bored with crocheting. I may crack open the scary trunk of fabric tomorrow and try to get started on my long-awaited quilt for a change of pace.

32.5 big hours for me.

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment