Tuesday, January 12

Shark attack!

Well, I had a busy weekend too, so I only got in 45 minutes to finish my scarf. See? It's 98" long, so once the weather gets warmer, I can use it to climb out of burning buildings or in a big game of tug of war.

Tonight I started my next project, which is the shark pajamas. These are for a friend of mine who is too tall to fit into most regular clothes, so in fact he has NEVER owned pajama pants. I think this is a travesty. I would be in pajamas 90% of the time if I could get away with it. Anyway, I promised my friend these pajamas for Christmas last year, by which I mean 2008. High time for some pants.

I made the stupid mistake when we were picking out the hilarious shark fabric (again, in 2008) to forget that he is freakishly tall, and so didn't buy enough of that fabric. A subsequent trip to the same store turned up empty. But, finally I have figured out what to do - I'm going to put red fabric at the top and bottom so it will look like the sharks got 'im. Hee hee!

Tonight I cut out all the pieces I'll need (1.5 hours). Tomorrow (or maybe Wednesday) I'll start sewing. Another thing I need to think about, as this is a pretty easy pattern, is what I'll do next. I have a giant pile of yarn on my floor and many people I know are having babies, so this may be a match made in heaven...

Total so far: 15.25 hours. 

Catherine

2 comments:

  1. Am waiting on news of how the scarf's first outing went... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! The scarf received compliments from all who saw it. It is a thing of beauty and a joy forever. :D Also, it keeps me warm in our office, where the temperature is poorly regulated.

    ReplyDelete