Tuesday, January 12

Fun At the Airport

I took The Boy to the airport to day to fly to Houston to take some standardized tests so that he can apply to go to the smart kid program at our neighborhood middle school (Grade 6-8).

Although I couldn't take him through customs to the gate, they didn't take him to the plane until about 30 minutes before boarding, and since we had arrived at the airport three hours early to travel internationally, we had some time to kill. Even with snack purchase, suitcase rearranging to accommodate the new "no backpacks on international flights" rule, I still had an hour to work before he went to the gate.

I had brought the needlepoint doll house run to work on, but when I pulled it out...no needle! Argh. I had tucked in a small cross stitch on our trip to Montreal, so I started a previously unstarted project. Oh well. After he left for the gate, I had to wait until the flight actually took off an hour later before I could leave, so another hour to work.

I had planned to do the diamond quilting tonight, but decided it was more important to clean the messy kitchen. Quilting can wait until tomorrow, tonight the dishes win.

The coyotes are howling outside. They must have caught a chihuahua for dinner.

2 hours tonight, 13.5 total. Only two behind Catherine...

Margie



No comments:

Post a Comment