Thursday, May 6

Attack of the ADDs!

Before I start, here is the finished Teddy Bear Wreath. I need to do something with it to make it into a Christmas ornament, but that will come later. I will pay someone to do that for me.

I was diagnosed with ADD (inattentive type) when I was 30. It made so much of my childhood and the struggles I had in college all make sense. It was great to know. One of the hallmarks of ADD is that I love, love, love to start new projects but I HATE to finish things. It's all about stimulation and excitement and starting something new is always better than finishing something old. Deadlines can make things exciting, as can silly contests with your sister.

At any rate, I have found myself struggling in the last week or so to do any work whatsoever. I made myself do some work tonight and that was helpful. I've been watching too much TV and playing on the computer too much. Bad habits. It's probably also the dread of moving and not wanting to go, so if I just don't do anything, I won't have to move, right?

So there we go. I did some work on these quilted checkerboards I had started for my son and my brother. Perhaps I can do some more work tomorrow after Smallest is home from school. Probably need a grocery run while she's in school.

45 min. today, 19.5 hours total

Margie



No comments:

Post a Comment