Friday, January 8

Boom.

6 hours. How do you like me now?? 

Scarf is nearly done. I have cast it off, cut it off, and now am just tucking in the yarn tails. I am going to wear it tomorrow to celebrate, and will post a picture too.

Working on these kinds of projects, and this one in particular, remind me of our grandmother (our dad's mom). She always had needlepoint or cross-stitch, or knitting in her lap. She knit my teddy bear a sweater (see?). I can't even begin to imagine how many things she must have made in her life.

One of the reasons I've particularly been thinking about her while I work on this scarf is that her favorite comment about something was that it was 'pitiful.' My scarf is pretty pitiful, but I am starting to really like it. And, by the way, I was dropping stitches by doing two at once, once I figured out what I was doing.

My running total: 13 hours. So much for your insurmountable lead...

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment