Sunday, March 1

Quiltastic!

I have finished the quilt! I had to repair one part of the backing fabric that was a little bit damaged, quilt 51 more little circles, and I put my initials on for good measure (see photo 4). I didn't do a perfect job of laying the quilt flat before quilting, apparently, because some sections are a little warped between front and back, and there are many other errors that I could point out to anyone interested, but overall it's super cute and I'm delighted to have finished it on the time scale I intended. And the quilt circles do give just the effect I was hoping - they don't distract from the front (can you find all six in photo 2?) but they do add to the back (see photo 5); photo 3 is a closeup. And it was lovely to have entertainment/company during my sewing - evil twin and his brother playing video games that are silly and not too loud or violent. Yay!






Hopefully I will keep this momentum going to finish the cross-stitch I started, and then think about what comes next!

1:20 hours Friday, 5:10 hours Sat, 4:30 hours today = 11 hours this weekend; 68:40 total.
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment