Thursday, March 12

Mutant No More!

I have cured my X-sweater of its mutant-ness.
In the previous post, I showed the before picture, and here is after:


And here is The Boy with his sweater for an 18 month old child:


I don't think it will fit.  I decided that it would be creepy of me to save the sweater for my grandchildren, so I decided to give it to some friends who have a super-cute little girl who is about the right size, maybe a little small even, which is good as sweater weather is pretty much done here.  
As I was finishing, I did realize that I forgot to switch to smaller needles for the ribbing at the bottom, but I also realized that I don't like sweaters for little kids pinching in like that, so the looser edge actually pleases me.  Better mobility for small people.  The yarn is 75% acrylic/25% wool.

So now I'm on to my bug cross stitch.  I have resolved not to start knitting anything else until I make progress on other things I'm working on.  

2 hours since Friday,
32 hours total.
Margie

1 comment: