Monday, July 4

Blanketrageous!

Ta da!! The blanket is done. Evil Twin and I decided today was the opportune time to wrap this project up. I did three more rows, then he did two rows and cast off (which took a couple of attempts, as he was trying to match the other edge, and succeeded quite well). I sewed in the loose ends, and then we both laid it out and sprayed it to block it out, mostly to make the top and bottom edges even. Googles had told us that mohair doesn't like to be wet, which is why we didn't soak the whole thing. All told, I worked for 1 hour and 45 minutes. And it looks really great. See? The spray bottle is there for comparison. It's about 3' x 5'.

Once it dries, we'll ship it off to England, as the wedding is only 5 weeks away. Yow!

2.75 hours for me!
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment