Monday, January 1

Queen of the quilts

Well, I didn't quite finish on Sunday, but I was done before noon today, including some surprise hand-stitching where I hadn't folded over the extra fabric properly. I'm counting it as a 2023 success. :D

Here is the finished product! 

    I'm so happy I redid the heart colors. The original was really so awful. The back is dark purple. I got a photo of that, but it's hard to see what's going on, so I didn't include it.

    Each of the 17 squares in the middle of the green/yellow & purple/pink checkerboards has a heart quilted in (see photo 2). I was able to use the machine for the straight sections and then left a long tail of thread which I used to complete the heart. I was originally thinking about doing something more organic feeling (like hearts bursting out of the big heart?) but this was simple and effective at holding the quilt together. Yay!

    I even remembered to sign the quilt (photo 3) before I stitched everything up (which I forgot last time, good grief).

An auspicious start to the year/end of last year!

- Catherine

 

No comments:

Post a Comment