Sunday, February 26

Herb garden fini!

First: some celebration! The herb garden cross-stitch is framed, delivered, and enjoyed by the recipients. Here's a photo back from them, since I forgot to take one before mailing it. Isn't the frame so cute?! I will be interested to see if/when they spot the one big mistake I made (or should I say, if/when they tell me that they spotted it).

Second, since I have a fair amount of travel going on at the moment, I have started a new big project to occupy the long flights. Here is the pattern and my efforts thus far. I actually really started with a different piece of fabric, but unfortunately discovered on the first leg of a long flight to the UK that it was too small (despite the instructions seeming pretty clear that it should fit, sigh). Fortunately, I had a few hours free when I arrived in London, and took on an expedition to find more. This introduced me to the idea of haberdasheries - amazing to see fully-formed fabric stores inside of department stores! And amazing to see cross-stitch fabric in big bolts of cloth! And the second haberdashery I had visited was in a beautiful old building that was worthy of photos on its own. The third (and final, phew) haberdashery was extremely busy with people buying large amounts of fabulous fabrics, which made more sense once I realized I had stumbled on London Fashion Week.


In terms of cross-stitch, I still need to finish the final entry in my brother's birthday present, sadly the only thing that was on my moldy old (but now updated) project list that I a) hadn't finished and b) still know what it means after years away. Soon...

- Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment