Sunday, January 10

Ruh-Roh Raggy!

So much for the insurmountable lead!

I realized that I forgot to include an hour of cross stitch while the girls were at choir rehearsal (Calgary Children's Choir - such nice people!), so that's one more there. Plus another hour and a half tonight making the quilt sandwich and speeding through the quilting. I have decided that it's about speed and not precision. Precision is for I'm not sure who... I used to worry about that, but not lately. Now I just need to get it done.

I've decided to sew around the big squares and then make diamonds inside the middle square. It will all make more sense when I finish and post a picture. I had to cut out a template to trace the diamonds because I eyeballed the first one and it's not so perfect. So much for speed. I decided not to mark the quilt tonight because I remember something about fabric markers evaporating with time, and I don't want to have to do this again tomorrow. I also need some quilt binding tape as I'm not inclined to make my own. Perhaps I can pick that up in the morning.

Our first daddy-less weekend went well. Very busy, so no chance to catch up on Catherine. The Boy's soccer team won their match, it was a good game (mostly because we won). Middle One went to dance, and today had her first riding lesson since she broke her arm riding in October. She's nervous about cantering, but seemed to be fine with riding in general. The Smallest One had a birthday party and lots of playing with friends. They're all tired, and yet the Big Ones are awake upstairs as I write. Sigh.

So, for the tally, 2.5 hours to add, 11.5 hours total. We'll see how the week goes!

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment