Tuesday, January 5

This is an ugly scarf.

Well, the threat of public humiliation seems to be working. I not only dug out my sad little pink scarf (see? Sad.) from under other rolls of yarn, but worked on it for 2 hours!*



When I first started this in the fall of 2007, I had visions of a very long scarf. Then last winter, I just wanted to finish it, so I would get to wear it while it was still cold out. Maybe TPP** will inspire me to make it as long as I originally wanted.

Maybe next time I'll tell you more about what a bad knitter I am. As a preview, I had to look up instructions on the internet to get going tonight, cause I didn't remember how to do it. These videos (for knit and purl) were nicely done.

Catherine

* I should add - the first 45 minutes, I was trying to drop stitches but just made a giant GIANT mess. Then about 5 minutes were spent pulling out lines. Then the last ~hour was productive. But I'm counting it all.

** That's The Project Project. I just made that up right now. Aren't I clever??

No comments:

Post a Comment