Thursday, January 14

Just to Complicate Things


Well, I picked up the bias tape today. The fabric store up here that I frequent only carries bias tape in various shapes and widths. I'm used to seeing packages of bias tape labeled, "Quilt Binding". I need all the help I can get. As The Smallest One went with me, we also got some flannel to make some pajamas and a pattern for a dress to be named later.

I get the girls in bed and get to work. Sew the tape on the top, fold it over, decide to be speedy and not sew the back on by hand. I'm plugging away, almost finished with the third edge when sewing disaster strikes and my needle smacks into a pin just right and breaks the needle. I am lucky enough to have some extra needles, so I do get to finish the binding. Yay! There are some spots on the binding I'll have to touch up by hand, but it's in the wash right now (removing the marker from yesterday) and I'll have a fabulous picture tomorrow.

This morning I worked on my airport project some more while I waited for Husband's car to be cleaned. They were speedy and the car looks really great. It gets sent down to Houston tomorrow.

Thinking about Husband and our grandmother who was always knitting or doing needlepoint, towards the end of her life, she suffered from aphasia and when she met Dave she couldn't remember his name and just called him, "Darling", so perhaps I will refer to him that way here as well.

3 hours today, 19 hours total.

Margie


2 comments:

  1. Calling your husband Darling would bring to mind the Darlings of Disney fame - what were they, the couple in the 101 Dalmations movie?

    ReplyDelete