Thursday, January 31

Knitting, Unknitting and Reknitting

Well then.
I think it would be gross to fill those bunny nuggets with salsa.  They would get all soggy.  Eew.

I finished the latest ruffly scarf, the one with the German directions.  I tried it on and it seems short.  I can't loop it around my neck and still have enough to hang down enough to look lovely.  There was no specification in the directions for how many stitches to make for the scarf, so I used eight, since that was what I had used for the girls' scarves.  Now I think eight was too many.  So I un-knit it.  Boo.

Using my wicked math skillz, I decided that if the scarf were 4 feet long (just an estimate, I didn't measure) with eight stitches, and I decreased to six stitches, then the length would increase by a quarter.  Whether it's really true or not, just go with me here.  It makes sense to me.  If it were eight and I went to four, wouldn't the scarf be twice as long?  That's my logic anyhow.

So I've started again with six stitches.  I'll take it with me when I go to my soccer coach class this week and see how much I can get done during our down time.  I may be too sore at the end of the day to do anything but take a hot bath and go to bed.  We have to play soccer all afternoon.  I'm not in shape for that.

I also started on a pig, but it's on double pointed needles, and was a little trickier to start than I expected.  We'll see how that one goes.  Pig is on hold until scarf is done.  Oh, and I promised to finish the second little log cabin quilt for a silent auction on the 12th, so I have to get that done soon!

1.75 hours for me Saturday and yesterday, 9.5 total.

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment