Saturday, January 19

Germs, begone!!!

I send them out of you. Get better soon!

I had a most frustrating sewing day. I was hoping to finish sewing the pairs and the fours, but the seams for the fours were being ornery - I ended up sewing some of them more than 3 times before I could figure out how to get a seam that was perpendicular to the other axis and didn't make a giant mess. I think I finally have a good system figured out (the last two seams succeeded on the first try), but I'm calling it quits for the night. I did finish the last column of pairs, and did 2.5 columns of fours, so more than halfway done with the fours. Blergh indeed.

My machine also started squeaking again - this time we (i.e., me and evil twin) figured out how to get access to the moving parts and so used grease instead of spray to fix it. A bad side effect was that a nut fell into the machine and it was much work to retrieve it and put it back in place.

All of that took 4:30.

I also have a bit of hoarding to report - on Monday I took a look at my existing quilt (made from T-shirts of high school performances and such), figured out where the holes/worn pieces are and went through my fabric stash to find some replacements. Fortunately almost all of the problems are at the edge, so I hope I won't have to disassemble the whole thing. The funny thing for you, seester, is that some of the fabric I might use is from an old pair of patchwork pants you had and gave to me. The pants went out of style but I loved the fabric and kept it just in case!

That took about 30 minutes.

So, 26:15 total.

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment