Saturday, January 5

Not So Fast!

So...you think you can just sew your leetle squares and take the salsa from me, do you?

Well!  I have for you TWO fluffy scarves!

I bought the yard in Brugge during our summer trip with the soccer team.  The woman in the shop was somewhat rude and was very upset when I started touching the yarn, so I bought three balls.  One was the blue and green, one was the green with pom-poms and there's another light green-blue color that I haven't started yet.

The yarn is actually a wide fishnet-like band and you only knit the top part of the band, leaving the rest to hang out and be fluffy.  I had started the blue and green one for Middle, but then set it aside for a while.  I worked on it for 45 minutes last week while Smallest was at an appointment, and then finished it up on Friday night, in maybe 30 minutes?

The green pom-pom scarf I started at the beginning of the A&M/OU football game Friday night and should have been almost finished when the game was over if I hadn't lost a stitch somewhere along the way and had to go back.  Then, my needle kept slipping out and this yarn makes locating and picking up stitches really difficult, so I would have to go back a couple of rows.  Irritating.  So I worked an extra 30 minutes after the game just to get back to where I thought I should be.  I finished it this afternoon, probably about 30 minutes more.

I'll be working on Catherine's Christmas present from Middle shortly while The Boy plays computer games online with our brother.  Our brother is a Bad Influence on The Boy and got him hooked on this game called Team Fortress 2.  Sigh.

Anyhow, here is a picture of the fluffy scarves, and one of Smallest wearing hers as a hat today in the car.



6.25 hours total

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment