Sunday, January 13

Pairs of squares are nearly theres

Well, finishing a quilt is harder than I thought. First my ambition, as mentioned yesterday, was to get all the squares hooked up (actually, my real ambition, which I didn't bother to put into writing, was to finish the WHOLE thing - sewing up the borders and putting on the buttons, etc. Glad I didn't put those naive plans on paper, except that I am now... oh well). Anyway, after a couple of reality checks, I thought I would just get all of the squares sewed up into sets of 4 (i.e., a bigger square). Then I thought I would just get them all paired up. And finally, where we landed, is that I would like to keep my sanity, so I'm done for the night. I have sewed up 9 columns of squares into pairs, 1 column is still as single squares, and the last two columns have been sewed into 4's with two of the 4's sewed into 8's. The plan is that I will sew the remaining two 4's into a third 8, and then sew up the 8's, so I have a double column (of 2x12 squares). Lather, rinse, repeat with the other 10 columns. Perhaps I can hope to have the complete matrix in place by the end of Saturday?

5:10 today, 21:15 total.
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment