Saturday, January 26

Meeting adjourned!

And now I am back at home, to tackle the increasingly annoying quilt. Today I sewed up the two 8's and two 4's to make a single 12x2 block, then sewed up 6 squares of four to make another 12x2 block. I had grand plans to finish two more of those, and perhaps even sew three of the big blocks together (to make half of the quilt!), but I got stuck on a seam that refuses to obey the laws of physics. Here is a picture.

For reals - I measured the 7 inches from the middle seam on both pieces of fabric, and then stuck them together and sewed it just like I wanted, and then measured again (just for fun, you know) and suddenly the distances were 6 and 7/8". ?? So I took it out and remeasured and remarked everything and resewed it, sewing (again) just like I wanted, and then measured and suddenly everything is 7 and 1/16".

????

Clearly a sign to call it quits for the day.


4:45 today, so 31 hours total.

Catherine

P.S. Yes, the bright and colorful pants! Clown pants, almost. I loved them too, but they wore out.

No comments:

Post a Comment