Tuesday, January 1

Phew!

My back is tired from so much sewing! I made 8.5 squares today, and cut another 8, and had to tear apart some other fabric strips. I'm up to 121 squares total; only 23 to go!!

The big adventure for the day was that my machine randomly started squeaking VERY loudly (after the needle smushed a pin, but otherwise just between one seam and the next). Fortunately Evil Twin had some silicone spray and served as my sewing machine repairman. He's so handy! My sewing machine is from a prehistoric era, but it works (for now) so I am happy.

I am also happy because Evil Twin bought me a massage for Christmas. It's tomorrow. Then my back will feel better too.

All told, 4 hours, 20 minutes.

Catherine

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your machine needs a tune-up! Maybe once you assemble the top, you can take a sewing break and take it somewhere for a little love.
    I have one of Adele's sewing machines - without the manual - but it's super fancy - if you'd like it. I can send you information about it if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My poor machine probably does need a tune up, but it is also so simple that I've been able to fix it a couple of times (once the metal spoke that holds the spool on fell into the machine, and I had to dig it out; I forget what the other problem was), which I like. So, give Adele's machine to one of your kiddos. Thanks, though!

    ReplyDelete