Thursday, April 8

All Hail the Conquering Hero!

After nearly five years, I finished the dollhouse needlepoint rug!

I would post a picture, but I decided to block it before taking a picture so it will all pretty and square. Needlepoint has a tendency to get a little wonky and this one was no exception. So, it's damp and pinned to a cork board, being forced into submission. Bondage for the needlepoint?

So...what's next? I should probably finish the tree skirt, since I started that a month or so ago. Perhaps the baby sweater, with samplings of the checkerboard and labyrinth cross stitch. I think I have the front and back of the sweater done, so once I figure out which needles I was using (always write down in the pattern what size needles you're actually using!) it's just the sleeves to do. Shouldn't take too long, right? Famous last words.

We had a lovely surprise here today. A blizzard! Not a ton of snow, but it was blowing hard. The car was coated with ice when we got back from choir. I would say that perhaps this is the last one of spring, but I know that's not true. I just hope it melts so I don't have to shovel the driveway.

Big choir excitement! The older choir groups are singing Mozart's Requim and the parents are invited to sing too. It has been great fun. I am excited as I haven't been in a choir since 6th grade. The concert is May 15th. I hope I can learn it all by then.

It is tempting to skip the projects on my official list and work on some of the others sitting around (it's true, I didn't list EVERY project I have), but the point is to get the oldest things finished, so I should stick to the plan. After seeing how much I finished in the first quarter, I think I'll do well in this next quarter as well.

2.5 hours today, 12 hours total.

Margie

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! You are a superstar.

    And, was that the plan? I am just working on things as they occur to me (and mostly to halt the growth of my strange tribble yarn). Then again, the quilt I'm working on is a pretty old project...

    Man, I need to hop to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you can work on whatever you like! I have a desire to finish my oldest things before moving on to new things (like all the silk-bamboo yarn I bought at Michael's while craft shopping with Nina) so that's what I'll be focusing on for a bit. Theoretically, at least!

    ReplyDelete