Monday, March 8

A quilting bee in my bonnet?

Today I sewed up the 5 squares I had cut out on Saturday, and then got 6 new squares ready for tomorrow. I also had to cut up some new strips of material, as my stock was getting low. Disturbingly, I've also got a faint itch of worry that I won't have enough fabric to make the whole quilt. But, I will save that to worry about another day.

I also got in some knitting on the subway today (and a few minutes yesterday - sorry to hoard, but I didn't get home until 12:30 and there was no chance I was going to log on to record 37 minutes), with the result that I finished my first knit square. It's not really worth a picture - just a pink square, 11" x 11" (although yes, I am really pleased that it is a square and not a rectangle). So, the big decision - should I make more squares this size, or smaller, or a different color, or what? I have a plan in mind, but we'll see if I have enough yarn to make it work.

Anyway, nothing too exciting, but 4 hours to add to the total. So I'm at 116. Still behind. Yikes!
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment