Monday, March 15

Just lion around

Mostly it has been quiet because I wasn't working, but today I hopped to it, and spent 5 hours, 40 minutes cutting out 14 squares and sewing up 11 of them. My current prediction is that I'm going to have enough fabric for half of the quilt, which then leads to the question of whether I should have the pieced side be split on both sides of the quilt, or just stick with my original/normal plan? It probably depends a lot on what fabric I find to finish this crazy thing, meaning, how much it matches (or doesn't) the fabric I'm already using. I also broke my sewing machine needle, but fortunately I had more.

I know some things about painted canvases (from visiting a needlepoint store a few blocks away). I had noticed the same thing - that the painting doesn't correspond to the squares. I asked the woman about it and she said that's what allows each one to be 'a unique work of art', because each person fills it in slightly differently. She also said that if you were very advanced, you might use totally different colors from the paint. Astounding! The other thing I realized during this trip is that the actual canvases seem ridiculously expensive to me. 

I also went to see the Lion King tonight. AMAZING. If I tried out for the show, I would be hoping to get cast as a giraffe.

128 hours for me.
Catherine

2 comments:

  1. Original work of art my ass!
    I've changed colors for cross stitch, but what other color would the leaves be? I'm just not a needlepointer at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, me neither. Poor Grandmommy would probably turn over in her grave hearing that.

    ReplyDelete