Tuesday, May 11

Pink, pink, pink.

I have a mistake in my cross stitch. I wanted to ignore it and just do the piece with the mistake in there, but it's going to mess lots of other things up, so I will have to undo and redo. As then President of Rice said at my matriculation ceremony, "building, unbuilding and rebuilding."

So rather than undo the stitching, today I worked on the other fat quarter skirt that I had planned to make for Smallest. There are eight different fabrics and they're all pink. Pink! Smallest is a girly girl, no doubt about it. I am not into pink. Not even as I get older.

In the instructions, it talks about different sizes of fat quarters that you can have - 20 inches x 18 inches, or 20 inches x 20 inches. My quarters are 10 inches x 23 inches. Maybe it's a Canadian fat quarter. Who knows. At any rate, the pattern calls for four fabrics for the skirt and five for the ruffle. I have eight, but as they're half the size called for, that's the same as four. I realized that I left some of the fabric out of the ruffle, but it's huge already and putting another 40 inches on doesn't appeal to me. Smallest will never know. Ruffles are a pain.

If I get on it, I can finish it tomorrow, just in time for the return of the nice weather.

The Boy had a soccer game tonight. It was their first game without two long time teammates. The team played great and the boys had a super time. I hope it will be a good season. The two missing teammates moved up a level to play with the bigger kids on a bigger field.

Other random non-sewing stuff... I bought some cat treats to give to Fang, my Very Old Cat. At first, I wouldn't let the kids give them to her at will because I didn't want her to get fat. Then I stopped and reconsidered. I actually do want her to get fat because she's very underweight. So the kids have a great time giving her treats. I've also told them to put the treats in her food bowl because she'll eat more food after she eats the treat. She's pitiful.

2 hours today, 22.5 hours total

5 comments:

  1. I would love to see the pinkalicious skirt when it's done! Same goes for Catherine's dress... :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS..."The Lecturer" is my school account, but really and truly this is Cousin Nancy. Doesn't the Little People icon look like me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! We knew that. :D No progress yet on the dress. It is mocking me.

    And yes, it does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a hard time finishing the skirt. I hate doing ruffles. Sigh. Maybe this weekend...

    ReplyDelete