Sunday, May 23

Misery loves company

Well, I did not finish the baby blanket in time for the shower. I knit like a crazy person this morning (actually, I just tried to knit like a fast person, but now I'm laughing because I'm imagining what a crazy person would look like knitting. Perhaps like the crazy hyena in Lion King?) and I sewed the squares together, but I didn't finish the ninth one. So, I put the 8 into a bag and took it up to the shower, and told the mom-to-be that it was a work in progress. Happily, it turns out that the grandmom-to-be also was making something, and also hadn't finished. Everyone else had lovely presents, but all purchased things. So, it was fine. The mom-to-be was particularly cute about it - she said, 'that's ok. The baby is a work in progress too.' I told her I thought I would finish first. :D

And, I am close! I came home and worked on it some more, and finished the 9th square and sewed it in. I've decided to put a little pattern on and edge the blanket with a darker pink color. I am also making a little creature to go along with the blanket, which I am excited about. Hopefully I'll wrap everything up tomorrow, but for now, all I can say is that I've got 5 hours, 15 minutes to add.

24 hours total! I move into a very slim lead.
Catherine 

No comments:

Post a Comment