Monday, February 15

Then shalt thou count to three.

Fortunately my little finger is nearly all better (plus it was President's day = holiday), so I got in some stitching after all...

Even though I had very good intentions of finishing the 3 things that were nearly done, I have instead been working on baby blanket #2. Crochet is very soothing, I have to say. And/or, tucking in ends is very dull. Since I used up a lot of odds and ends (in terms of blue and green bits of yarn) in BB#1, this one is only three different colors. Which could be okay, but I am kind of frustrated with the way the stripes turned out and that I didn't use the third color more (I was worried it would run out and give an uneven pattern). Sadly, I only figured that out at the end of the day today, and it would undo many hours of work to fix it. Sigh. I'm hoping the baby recipient won't care too much. I may also thread the third color in a little bit just to keep things interesting.

I showed the blankets to Margie over iChat tonight and she thinks they are boring stitchwise (though she said so in a nicer way). To be fair, this is true. But, it is what it is. Maybe with my remaining pink yarn I'll try something fancier.

In other news, we're expecting a fair bit of snow tomorrow, and for it to start early in the day. It is always nice to wake up and have it be snowing, so I'm looking forward to that. 

Ok, so the tally is: 1.25 hours Saturday; 4.5 hours Sunday, 8.25 hours today. So I'm at 92 hours.
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment