Wednesday, February 24

Little #@%$&* Birdie!


Here's a picture from the Birthday cross stitch from the 21st. The post from Jan. 31st has the beginning of the squirrels, so you can see the progress. Jemima is missing her beak and feet here, and the turtle and frog are missing.

I did some stitching in the morning, then knitting while watching the Ladies' Skating on the Olympics. I like the Korean, Una someone, she reminds me of Michelle Kwan, but with more of a nasty streak. I love Michelle Kwan, but sometimes she was just too nice.

Anyhow, after I stopped, I decided to finish the turtle before I went to bed. After finishing the turtle, I spread it out to admire my handiwork and gloat in the finishing of all the animals when I realize that there's a stupid little bird sitting on top of the sign. Grrr. I had to do the bird before I went to bed, because I wanted to be finished with all the animals last night! It's probably only twenty stitches, and yet there are six colors in that darned bird. So it was later than I wanted it to be.

After that, I was admiring my handiwork again when I realized that the shadowy bits on the picture are light green, and the shadowy bits I've put in are an orangey color. After a bit of detective work, I realized that there's a typo in the directions. The light green and the orangey color are next to each other in the code, so someone put the symbol in the wrong place. Sigh. At least I don't have that much to undo.

Now that Catherine has finished her knitting and crocheting projects, I'm hoping she'll be idle for a while before figuring out what to work on next! Then I can sneak the lead! Only a month and four days to go!

3 hours yesterday, 98.5 total.

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment