Monday, February 1

All squared up

Sorry for the long silence! I have been working, but have not had a lot to say, so have just been keeping notes. Here's a sum up of the last 4 days. 

I am nearly finished with the baby blanket - I've got 9 rows to go. I briefly considered stopping when the blanket was a 3' square, but a text to Margie suggested larger would be a bit better. I'll take her word on it, as she has many more babies than me (3/0 = infinity). I have used up a bunch of yarn, which is great, but I've still got tons left. More brainstorming... 

I am also nearly finished with the shark pajamas. I did get my friend to model them, and we agreed on the waistband and the hems. I had to shorten the legs, as I had overestimated, and then I've got one more hem to put in. I also need to attach the waistband and I'm tempted to put a pocket on the back. But, as my friend originally asked, why do you need pockets in pajamas? I want to finish those tomorrow.

When not stitching this weekend, I was helping a friend go through some math problems in preparation for the GRE (though I don't know how much I really helped - she is full of smartness on her own). I forget that math is fun. I was trying to explain how I think about squaring numbers (she had to compare the square of 117 vs. 118 for some reason), and that you can just add one of each of the numbers to get to the next squared value, and I realized I probably sounded just like my brother. He also has a lot of interesting ways to think about math and numbers, although his ideas are normally a lot more sophisticated than any math I'm thinking about. Anyway, she took a practice test tonight and got a 680 on the math part, so she's feeling good.

So, 2.5 hours Thursday, 2.25 hours Friday, 1.25 hours Saturday, and 5.5 hours today gets me up to 58.5 hours total. I've got the lead, for a brief shining moment anyway...

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment