Thursday, February 18

Six Weeks Remaining...

And does Catherine have an insurmountable lead?

Could be.

I've been dealing with some stuff, so I haven't been as productive as I was in January. However, on the various post-its around the house with my tallies, I came up with more time than I was expecting. A good thing.

Other good things:
After a long and unpleasant battle with our former Houston neighbor, we have come to a settlement that will require her to remove her carport from our property within 10 days and to relinquish any further claim on our property. Now we can FINALLY sell our house, just as we're moving back. She was a lovely neighbor while we lived there, but once she realized that our house was going to be bought, knocked down and replaced with a mammoth thing, she has been much less pleasant. Much.

After only about 10 years of paperwork and filing (all done by the lovely lawyers at the University of Delaware), on March 10th, my professor from grad school, his wife (also a prof) a fellow grad student and myself will become official U.S. Patent holders. Cool. I'm sure the money will be rolling in any second now...

Back to The Project. I did start the knitting project. It's all just knitting, no fancy stitches, not even purling, so it's perfect for TV watching time.
I'm getting really close on the Birthday Countdown. Only four characters left, then little bits of grass here and there and the backstitching!
I've been working on the evil dollhouse rug and have perhaps a third of the background filled in. It's some serious progress! The end is in sight there too. Fun.
Haven't done anything with the tree skirt lately. I need to find my transfer paper for sewing so I can trace the location of all the decorations.

I'll post pictures soon.

Anyhow, my random tally of hours was 14.5, to give 76.5 hours total. Only 15.5 hours behind.

Oh, and I did finally go cross country skiing at one of the golf courses here and it was great!

Margie

2 comments:

  1. Patent holder?!? I want to know what it is? And put it in terms a third grader could understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think (it's been a while) that the patent is for using a specific piece of My Favorite Protein to coat surfaces and then use it to either 1) make undetermined cells turn into cartilage cells, or 2) hold growth factors that can then be released later so that the growth factors can do cool stuff.
    I think Nina could get all that, except she might not know what a growth factor is. They make cells do stuff that's cool.
    How's that?

    ReplyDelete