Saturday, March 16

Punching it out

I am excited to report progress on two fronts! I had some time chatting with friends last weekend and a virtual book club this morning, and sewed hexagons: 


I also started the bags with the punch needle designs! I had much better success applying the interfacing this time, even with the giant clump of thread from the punch needle preventing the fabric from lying flat. I found some cute ribbon to cover up the seam between the punch needle canvas and the regular fabric, and I've prepped the zippers, both of which needed to be cut. Now it's just a few seams and they'll be done! And I have to figure out some way to fluff the pineapple/llama back up without pulling weirdly on the threads, since the iron really smushed them. But I think they will be very cute. :) 


Next on my agenda: Finish the bags, redo the zipper in my blue skirt, and then make a plan to finish a cross-stitch I started in 2008 (!!). Exciting!

Full flowers: 6/64 done (2 started)

- Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment