Saturday, January 27

Hex city

I realized I didn't report back on some of the big flowers that appeared in progress in the first hexagon blogs, so here is a photo with those, a newly finished orange half, and the ones currently under construction.

I also finally finished cutting the last two hexagons - I had thought I didn't need these little scraps of yellow fabric, so put them in the trash. Of course I then realized I did need them, and that I actually needed to get two hexagons out of them, which was a stretch! I'd put them through the laundry, not knowing what they encountered in the trash, and today I finally converted them into hexagons. One is definitely a bit skinny, but is only one piece of fabric, while the other (see photo) will be a poor Frankenstein piece. Fortunately, the pattern is fairly chaotic and this will be at the edge of the quilt, so I don't think it will attract a lot of attention. 

I have an hour-long webinar on Tuesday that I just need to listen to, so should be able to finish the pink half and work on the yellow half while I still remember the unique challenges of the tiny piece. I will also need to switch over to other projects that I can only do at home while I'm home, so the next post may not have many hexagon updates!

Full flowers: 4/64 done

Half flowers: 2/8 done (plus 2 started)

- Catherine




No comments:

Post a Comment