Tuesday, January 9

Year 14!

 Look at us!  The blog is 14 years old!

Your heart quilt is lovely.  The little quilted hearts are a nice touch.  I agree that it counts as finishing in 2023.  And now you're done!  Hooray!

The hexagon piecing looks great too!  You can do all the things.  Very impressive.

An update on my things...

I finished the cardigan and after blocking the size is better.  I decided to change the bottom edge from an i-cord bind off to the same band of lace that runs along the center of the sweater.  It makes it a little longer and I think, once it's blocked, it will look like it belongs.  It mostly does now, but I had to pick up stitches at the bottom, so it's clearly an addition.  Perhaps I will get it in the bath tonight?  I have three of Jeff's sweaters to wash also, and very little wool wash solution.  That reminds me that I think I remember seeing either Euclan or Soak at the grocery...

The socks are out of time out and I am working on them in earnest again.  Lots of little cables, so we'll see how quickly I can make progress.

Sarah said no to a new hat.  I still might make one.

The insulation is wonderful.  The bedroom in question is definitely warmer.  They were great and got us on the schedule before Middle got home.  Yay!

I'm still trying to figure out what to do next.  I'm making some little notions bags that I saw on Instagram. (they are here: Sew Together Bag) I finished one for me that I made first to make all the mistakes so that when I make one for Middle and Smallest, it will go more smoothly.  I'm sure glad I did, because I made a big measuring mistake which resulted in piecing the outside piece of fabric.  Glad it was on mine.







Other than that, I am in need of a project!  Perhaps it's time to make Catherine's sweater?  I did swatch for it, so I know what needle size is needed, I have all the yarn...


1 comment:

  1. Oh my, your new bag is so cute!! Your kiddos will love to get their own. :D

    ReplyDelete