Sunday, July 9

Unmaking

A whole week at home! As much as I like working on my flowers, I'm prioritizing projects that I can't do on a plane. We have guests coming in a few days, so it's not good timing to get out the heart quilt; instead, I am working on disassembling my T-shirt quilt so I can reclaim the shirts and build a new quilt (see? Sorry the photo is weird). You can see that some of the intermediate fabrics are just completely torn up, so this is long overdue.

Given the state of things, I do need to be a bit more thoughtful about which seams I'm taking out and which I could just cut up - I don't think I'm going to try to keep the batting, so scissors will help me move things along!! I've fully reclaimed two of the small squares (see bottom right), one of which is a piece of T-shirt. 

As I'm writing this, I'm realizing that I also have more shirts waiting to be put in a quilt, and some of these shirts probably have lost enough emotional attachment that I could let them go. So, I really need to think carefully about which pieces I'm salvaging! Looks like I will need to do some better planning this week.

- Catherine

 



No comments:

Post a Comment