Monday, July 31

Boundary conditions

This past week I made a bit of progress on the heart quilt, though not as much as I hoped. I decided what the border was going to look like and picked the fabric (some strong contenders lost out because there wasn't enough fabric). It's a fade from the strong purple I've picked for the back; it will work better on one half of the front than the other but I think I'll like it. Pictures below.

I also:

Ironed the front

Ironed the back fabric, measured it up, and cut/sewed it so it's no longer a ~40" x 80" rectangle but a ~60" x 60" square

Measured and cut up the batting

Washed the purple border fabrics

---

Whenever I next get a good block of time, I will hope to get the two border fabrics prepped and sewn on (one on each side), so I can finally make my quilt sandwich and be done! The only problem is that the next good block of time will be in about three weeks. Someday...

Here's also a picture of my cat, because he is sooooo cute.

- Catherine



(better half)

(worse half)

(cutie)




No comments:

Post a Comment