Saturday, February 18

Napkins abroad

Margie, those doilies are so cute! Maybe you could turn them into a circular bag that would hold hoops and thread and scissors and stuff to use for other projects? Or, a travel bag for cords that would be happy to go around a circular case rather than square? Will keep thinking. :D

My post was confusing - the "width" I was talking about was the way that I aligned the long edge of one purple fabric with the quilt; I should have put the quilt in the middle of the edge strip, but I started them flush, and then cut off the extra when I got to the other side. So I couldn't just take the seam out and fix it. I also like the actual width of the border, fortunately. :D

Now, some sad news: I have put the unfinished napkin fabric... somewhere. I had it on top of the sewing machine and clearly went through a cleaning frenzy of some kind, and they are momentarily in another dimension. I have looked in every closet we have. I went through my big fabric bins. I have the feeling they are somewhere so obvious, and I am just overlooking them. It is maddening. 

Now for other quilt news! A few months ago, I asked in my husband's family group chat if anyone wanted a quilt because I have far too much fabric, and (fortunately) only one person (Oldest brother) said yes. I have been looking at quilt patterns in my own books and in some of Margie's, and ended up with ~10 patterns that I thought would be fun to work on for them. I sent the photos to Oldest + his wife; she landed on two as her favorites, and Oldest (unknowingly, I'm sure) picked the more complicated to make of the two. But, I agree that it is a beautiful pattern (grandmother's flower garden), and I'm excited to try something that increases my skills a bit more. Here's a photo (taken from diaryofaquilter.com).

Should be an interesting year of quilts!

Catherine



PS, the title is a shout-out to a terrific Terry Prachett book, Witches Abroad. I hope my napkins are having as many adventures as the witches did.

No comments:

Post a Comment