Friday, March 3

A Mom Post

 I had to share this because I am extremely proud of my offspring.  A year ago, at Xmas, Middle expressed interest in learning how to knit socks.  I was so excited!  I got them some sock needles for Xmas, and gifted them my Dark Side of the Moon yarn and advised as they chose a pattern (A Nice Ribbed Sock) and cast on.  Later in the year, we FaceTimed as they turned the heel and then this Xmas, they finished the sock!  Since then, they have cranked on their knitting and I can now share with you a picture of the finished pair!  I am so proud of Middle!  There is a gauge issue (sock #1 is on the left), but Middle asked about dropping down a needle size, so a plan is underway.

Other than that, I finished my Aurelia Cowl.  I love the yarn!  It is so soft.  I also finished the first pair of old Xmas socks.  I've been cleared to go back to work after my surgery.  Ginny the cat will miss me.  She has taken to sitting between me and my keyboard at home so she can rest her head on my arm.  She is currently here, and is purring a happy purr.


I've picked the Lantana sweater back up, and have noticed that Something is Wrong.  I'm not sure what to do about it, I think I will just forge ahead and pretend like nothing is amiss.  We'll see what happens when I finish the next step.  I also need to locate one last ball of yarn.  I'm pretty sure I have one.  It will be bad if I do not.

Other than that, I've got plans for Jeff socks, Middle socks, Smallest socks, and a Mussleburg hat.  I may need to start taking the bus to work again!

Catherine, I love the new project, and the London adventure!  It is super fun to find things like that.  I hope the napkin fabric turned up!  I will send the quilt book ASAP!  That pattern is pretty, and also a pain.  Both cutting and sewing will be tricksy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment