Friday, February 3

Welcome back!

Hooray for Catherine and Quilts!  Nairo is indeed the Most Helpful Boy.

So...

My last post was pre-Xmas, so here's what's happened since then.  I finished all the hats!  After I finished Middle's hat, we decided it was too small (I dropped down a needle size for the brown portion) and they wanted a longer brim, so the hat was unraveled back to the green edge and corrected.  It's been completed and that's downstairs waiting to be mailed off.


I started a cowl with some lovely Road to China Light yarn from a company I can't recall the name of, but the RtCL is the yarn name.  It's very soft and was a present to me from Jeff.  He got it in August when we went to New Orleans after I dropped Smallest off at Balletland.

I had some surgery to remove naughty parts, and am currently recovering from said surgery.  I finished the cowl and have started on another cowl (Aurelia Cowl) with yarn I got while dropping Smallest off.  It's Blue Sky Fibers Skyland yarn in a lovely green color.  The colorway is called Comet, and I'm a little baffled by that.  Not what I would have expected of a Comet color.  Ah well.

This is the finished cowl, not a complicated pattern.

This is the swatch for the Aurelia Cowl, for which I got gauge on the first try!

After this, I'll probably return to finishing the purple top that I started a while back.  Then, who knows!  There is a lot of yarn waiting to become things.  I did start some Xmas socks for Middle and Smallest, so that might become my TV knitting for a while.  There are some sweaters for Smallest on the list as well.

Oh! And I finished the bug too.  I clearly had gotten the missing gold thread at some point, so it was just a short job to finish it all up.  Catherine, were the bugs presented to him?


Also, what may be one of the best parts is that we got to see Catherine here in Houston during a LONG layover!  We had to go to Pappasitos and eat tasty food!  Here she is with Jeff and The Boy, and then getting some lap cat time with Ginny, Lover of Laps.


I think that's it for now, looking forward to a fun weekend, we are going to see Women & Juliet performed by an amazing British company.  There are 4-5 people and they play multiple parts and perform beautifully.  We've seen them do other Shakespeare plays in the past.  In fact, one of my early dates with Jeff was to see them, as he's a fan of theatre.  

Margie

1 comment: