Monday, October 4

In praise of pasta

Today I brought some work home, because I have so, so much to do. Instead I made lasagna and sewed up the last two quilt squares that I had cut last week (which took 35 minutes). Good for my sanity, not so good for the people who are waiting to hear from me. But look at this cutie square! And I've included some pins that got smushed, all in the name of quilting. They may be hard to see, but they're on the right.

I would also like to add that my mom's recipe for spinach lasagna is so awesome. You don't have to cook the noodles beforehand - you just throw everything in at once. And, it's spinach, so it's so good for you! And, the recipe uses cottage cheese, not ricotta, which to me makes all the difference. I have also discovered that if you just make regular noodles and sauce, and then throw in some cottage cheese, it's kind of like instant lasagna. That's my secret for the day.

My other secret is that I may go to sleep, even before the football game ends. I'm tuckered out.

My secret for tomorrow also has to do with straight pins. It's quite an epiphany.

50 minutes for me!
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment