Saturday, October 2

An homage to Hillary

Today's post is in honor of my friend who, because I had arranged to meet her for a morning run, got me up out of bed for what turned out to be a mostly productive day. I put away my laundry, cleaned my bathroom, went to the grocery and a sewing shop (more green fabric and some stuffing), and did some other things. I even sewed one of my quilt squares, which took 15 minutes.

I also have a new idea about how I'm going to motivate myself to sew every day. At the moment, I just have 'sewing' on my to-do list, which is an endless and vague thing, so I don't do anything. Instead, I should write 'sewing - 30 minutes'. And then that's a reasonable amount of time to spend. And, I imagine, once I get going, I might end up doing more than 30 minutes.

But for today, I'm exhausted. More soon!

0.25 hours.
Catherine

1 comment:

  1. You could change your to-do list to be, "sew one quilt square", something simple and defined.
    We have an afternoon of NOTHING here and it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete