Thursday, June 17

The Gauntlet, It is Thrown!



I had some cute things from a store to send to Catherine, but she's been out of town. I wanted to know when she would be back so it would be safe for the package of cute things to arrive so I emailed her asking when she would be back. She responded by saying she would return on Monday and that she planned on knitting during her whole overseas flight so that she could regain the lead.

Time to get to work!

I knit for 30 min. last night on the back of the white baby sweater, started before the grey baby sweater, but now intended for the pregnant owner of the barn where Middle rides horses and breaks bones. The picture is up there at the top, although I wanted it to go right here.

Then, I snuck a look at Middle's knitting this afternoon while she was playing with a friend. Yikes! I'm sure my knitting looked like that at one point - I definitely remember phantom stitch increases, but wow! It took me 15 minutes to get that all straightened out. I supervised her when she was knitting this evening. Not the most attentive knitter, but she likes it and she's having fun, so I'm not going to point most of the problems.

Tonight, because we're moving in two weeks, I decided it was time to hem the curtains that I made for Middle's room about two years ago. I had grand plans to sew a deep pink grosgrain ribbon around the bottom and middle edge of the curtain, but the nearest Fabricland was lacking in the ribbon department. So I chose a light pink and decided to use it to fold over the edge. It worked rather well. That white stuff you see on the curtain is the blackout liner because the sun doesn't go down until after 10 here in the summer.

I worked on the pink skirt too and realized I could take one block of fabric out of the ruffle. Although it's a pain, I greatly dislike making ruffles, so I'm taking out the extra block. I'm planning to finish it tomorrow because the packers will take my sewing machine away next week, and I don't want to have to finish this in Houston.

1.75 hours today, 33.75 hours total. Catherine, bring it on!

Margie





No comments:

Post a Comment