Monday, July 16

Now With Pictures!

Still no Catherine... She did have to go to some conferences recently, so maybe she's been busy.  Or maybe she's submitting to my awesomeness early.

Anyhow, I put in an hour of work on the log cabin quilt tonight.  When I started, it looked like this:

I've been adding the next round of border on and there's one piece on each square, two on some and three on others.  I don't have a picture of the current status, but perhaps with another hour or so all the blocks will be finished.  Then it's piece the top and make the sandwich!

Middle is an only child this week.  The Boy and Darling are in Minneapolis at a soccer tournament (the USA Cup) and Smallest is off with my parents for a week.  I think they will have fun.  It's a real treat for Middle to be the only child.  We're working on making things for the Liv dolls.  Last year it was clothes and this year it seems to be accessories.  At any rate, it's fun and Middle is super creative.  She's getting ideas from YouTube (not the crazy Pullip lady, but some Froggie craft lady instead) and is improving upon them as she goes.  I think she will make some clothes as well, but it's not top of the list.  We're going to make a tent for the dolls and some sleeping bags too.  We are cool.

I spent a lot of time on airplanes this weekend.  I took a book along, Game of Thrones (awesome!) and another project-in-waiting, a crocheted bag.  I had made one for Middle earlier and had another pattern for some other yarn we got, but I didn't like the pattern so much anymore.  Well, problem solved.  When I was looking for a new pattern, I discovered Ravelry which is like Facebook for yarn freaks.  You can list your projects, yarn in your stash, all sorts of things.  They also have a HUGE listing of patterns.  It's cool and highly addictive.

Anyhow, I only worked on the bag for about two hours on the plane (out of 13 hours of flying between Friday am and Sunday pm) because I liked my book so much, but here's what I've done so far:
It has a rectangular base, now I'm working up from the bottom.  In about 17 rows, there are some decreases to make it less tubular and more shapely.  There's a strap and if desired, a decorative flower.  Something good to keep around for waiting rooms and such.

I think that's about it for now.
I forgot to list my hours last time.  I worked on the blocks an hour on the Leetle Squares post without recording that, and I worked another hour tonight.

4 hours unreported, 9 hours total.

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment