Thursday, July 12

Leetle Squares

I've decided to start with the log cabin quilt (the first one looked like this) as most of the fabric was already cut, and it's a pretty simple one to put together.  I had big plans to take a picture of the current status and post those, but I haven't gotten around to that, but so as to prevent hoarding, I'm going ahead with the post.

I have three little sections of the blocks put together - the little colored center and then the small adjoining block and the block that covers the two of them.  This time I've decided to make all the blocks at the same time, hoping that will seem faster and more satisfying, so they're all at the same stage.  It took me an hour and a bit to go through two rounds of block-adding, and then ironing and trimming.  I figure there are 6 more rounds to go, so that won't be so bad.

I've also decided that I really want a 1/4 inch foot for my sewing machine.  It would help a great deal with my seam placement accuracy.  Must be accurate with the log cabin.

I leave early, early tomorrow to pick up The Boy from Seattle.  I think he's had a great time, and I also suspect that he is VERY tired.  All that fun comes at a price, you know.  From the Great Sorting of projects, I have two little things I can take on the plane, and I'm also thinking about taking stuff to make another crochet bag.  Perhaps take the small projects, and the first book of Game of Thrones, which I've also started reading.

Random fun information: Middle started guitar lessons in January and really enjoys playing.  At her last lesson, her teacher decided it was time for her to learn to finger pick and assigned her The Boxer (a classic Simon and Garfunkel song).  The teacher, Linda Lowe, told her it will take her a year to be proficient at the song, which I think was a good way to let Middle know not to give up if she can't get it the first time.  I like her teacher.

Looking at the picture of the first quilt, I may have to go back and look at my colors, because something will be different between the two here...

No comments:

Post a Comment