Friday, July 20

I am Bradley Wiggins

Today was the last day for the Tour de France to ride in the Alps.  If you're trying to win the TdF, the best place to attack and gain time on your opponents is in the mountains because sometimes riders have bad days, or they don't have the legs, or something happens and so you finish before they do.  This year, Bradley Wiggins has been telling everyone that he wants to win the TdF this year.  While he didn't attack his opponents in the mountains, they've attacked him and he's responded every time and caught them.  Now that only flat stages are left, it's looking about 99% sure that Wiggins is going to win.

So...I'm taking advantage of Catherine's inattention and travel to build up a lead so that when she gets around to checking, I'll be so far ahead, there will be no way for her to win.
I don't really want to be that far ahead, because then it's not as fun to play, but it's fun to build a lead, and I'm not sure that Catherine's really going to play this quarter.

Anyhow, I worked on the crochet bag for 30 minutes last night and I worked on Log Cabin #2 for an hour tonight.  It was only going to be 30 minutes on the quilt, but I had blocks in different stages and I wanted them all to have three sides of the last round tonight, so that took a little longer than I anticipated.

Tomorrow I'm going back to CO to pick up Smallest.  Originally, I was going to leave Middle here with friends, but no one has responded to my request for assistance, so I'm taking Middle with me.  Smallest doesn't know it, so I think it will be a pretty great surprise!  This time I'm not going to take a book on the plane with me.  That way I'll be forced to work on the crochet bag the whole time.  I'll have to remember to take the instructions as well...

I'm also starting to think about what to take with me when we go to Germany and Belgium in August.  We'll be flying over, then riding around on buses with our soccer group and flying home, so that's lots of time I could spend doing something...but what?  I will have to think and plan.  Not sure how easy it will be to locate shops for supplies over there, although I'll definitely be on the lookout!

1.5 hours tonight, 10.5 hours total.

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment