Monday, July 9

Home Alone

Well...
 
Not sure why, but I pulled out the sewing machine last week and assembled the girls' summer dresses for last summer that I had cut and never finished.  They came out beautifully (I will take a picture of my lovely girls soon) and much to my amusement, they fit almost perfectly.  If I had made them last summer, the dresses would have been too big.  I'm so smart.

At any rate, now I've got the sewing machine out and all of my family is gone for the week.  The girls are at Choir Camp, The Boy is at summer school in Seattle, and Darling is travelling and riding a bike in Calgary to prepare for his crazy mountain bike race in a couple of weeks.

So last night I took an inventory of my projects, just because my closet has been bugging me and that meant I could take everything out and put things away in a better spot.  If I don't count all the cross stitch things, then it seems relatively manageable, so I decided to start with sewing projects.  I have fabric for three baby quilts (one of which is the duplicate of the one I made about two years ago, the log cabin one) so perhaps I can get crackin' and make them while everyone is gone this week and no one cares how messy the dining room table is.  I don't think it's entirely realistic, because I leave early Friday morning to pick up The Boy, but it will be fun to try.

Since we're starting another quarter, I will log my dress-making hours and claim the lead.

5 hours so far (I think that's about right).

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment