Sunday, April 2

A triumphant trifecta!

I have exciting news this week: First, I have corrected the corners of the quilt, so now the top is totally done and I’m ready for quilting! (one corner shown; there wasn't a good place to lay the whole thing down) Second, while looking for the quilt, which was hidden at the top of my closet so as not to get cat hair on it (one of the relatives of the recipient is a bit allergic), I found the napkins! Third, I am nearly done with the first of the twelve flowers - just two more colors to go. Whee!!

I’m so grateful to my mom for having passed off these various projects to me. It had been a very long time since I did any needlework, and it is very soothing to get back into it. It’s lovely to see something grow before your eyes, and you can’t be mad while you’re stitching, and everything needs to be clean and tidy to avoid knots and such. I am also grateful that I know people who can point me to new patterns - I would like to keep doing it after I finish the ones I have! Will be interesting to see what I find.

- Catherine



No comments:

Post a Comment