Saturday, August 26

Cables!

Back in June, I mentioned a cover for a pillow that I was working on.  It's been sitting for a while because I wasn't sure if it was going to be big enough.  This morning, while waiting for the flooding from Hurricane Harvey to begin (I live in Houston), I decided to block before casting off.  Happily, with a little encouragement, it is exactly the same size as the previous pillowcase, so I will stop there and then figure out the back.  I am hoping I have enough yarn to make a plain back, or maybe some wide ribs.  Perhaps I should weigh the two and see, although the cables take up more yarn than plain stitching will.

Here is what it looks like:



I've done some more rows of the lighter blue stripe on the blanket for Middle, and am hoping that perhaps I can finish that stripe off tonight.  Then there will be just one more colored stripe.  I'm a little worried about having enough yarn for the border, but I will just have to see how that goes.  Maybe a yarn inventory is in order.

I should probably work on Jeff's sweater once I finish the stripe, or maybe even before, since the blanket is so much easier to work on other places.  We'll see how it goes.  School on Monday has already been canceled, so there's another day off to knit, and Jeff's been asked to stay at a hotel close to work tonight so that he can go in on Monday even if there is flooding.  Lots of alone time with not much to do but filing papers or knit...

Hopefully all will be well here so that people can focus on helping folks where Harvey made landfall.

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment